Sunday, March 27, 2005

Some thoughts on true love.

A few days ago someone asked me why I was wishing for true love in a recent entry I posted. I replied that I don't think I'll ever stop wishing for true love whether I am in a relationship or not. I am not looking for the perfect love. Gusto ko lang talaga, 'yung tunay. (Sana whatever you/I/everyone else have/has right now is something for real. Doesn't everyone wish that?)

For me, true love is--

  • a verb without too many buts, too many objections;
  • accepting each other for what they are and what they are capable of;
  • setting expectations and goals for oneself (or for both parties), but not creating reasons to be disappointed at one another;
  • knowing there will be problems, and making time to do something about them;
  • knowing both will be happy despite these problems;
  • letting go (while silently wishing that that stupid cliché about letting go holds water).

*****

*sigh*

*****

I'm currently dealing with odd sleeping hours. Shempre kapag inaantok ako sinasamantala ko na 'yung pagkakataon na makatulog, kahit alanganin ang oras. I guess it's better than not being able to sleep at all.

*****

I watched Hitch with Marnie last Saturday. It was hilarious. I think it was pretty good, except for that car scene some time during last 10 or 15 minutes. The overload of metaphors kind of killed the moment for me.

I also bought four books that day (a Tolkien, a couple of Roald Dahls and a Nick Hornby), something I haven't done in an awful long time. That's three more added to my growing stack of unread books (the fourth being my second paperback copy of one of my favorite books, James and the Giant Peach, illustrated by Quentin Blake this time). At least during the recent holiday I have started reading again. Maybe I can reduce that pile of unread stuff by a third. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment