It's a pied fantail!
I took time off to do something else for the first time: birdwatching.
I accepted Kuya Robert's invitation to go birdwatching and met up with the Wild Birds Club and other first-timers like me at the NIGS parking lot this afternoon. We were given a brief orientation on some species of birds we might be able to see on our walking tour, and I was handed a pair of binoculars for me to get acquainted with (I rented them because I don't have my own pair).
Na-info overload ako! We were told that there are more than 90 different species of birds in UP alone. I can't remember the names of most of the birds we saw behind NIGS and CS and at the rice fields near C.P.Garcia (except for the bittern, the shrike, a bunch of swallows and the pied fantail-- I finally found out the name of the pretty birds we see in our backyard!), but I was definitely thrilled every time I spotted one that's not a maya. Hehe.
Ang saya. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment