Saturday, September 30, 2006

Staying alive.

Ah ah ah ah staying alive...

Death by ennui. I know I should be thankful 'cause I didn't have it as bad as hundreds/thousands of people. The power was back on very early last Friday, and nothing much was damaged except for some toppled down patio plants.

No t.v., no computer games, no music, no internet (homaygaz withdrawals!) last Thursday. The kids, my mom and I played Taboo earlier in the day, but my mom kept saying all the bawal words and she was being such a sore loser (hahaha) so we kept the game within an hour. Late afternoon I tried reading the annotations of From Hell by candle light but my eyes could only take a few chapters of heavily inked pages at a time. Note to self: Gabbing on the phone for hours was definitely the most feasible and entertaining way to pass the time in the dark when you're not sleepy.

Our Tagaytay trip was obviously cancelled postponed 'cause other than the fact that the SLEX toll gates were out of commission at the time, it was pointless to go out of town just to twiddle our thumbs in the dark. At least here at home we had the juice back the morning after the storm. Gadsh, rescheduling a trip with a bunch of artists is going to be a logistical nightmare hahahah...

Vacation was replaced with work when Jan came over Friday night with insta-raket. And I've been working since. Well, at least I'm not bored to death anymore. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment