Yeah that's today. I have a bit more time to relax, but I still have deadlines looming over me. *sigh*
Tuesday was more interesting though.
W is for Woozy.
I was up all Monday night trying to finish my Powerpoint presentation for my watercolor workshop. I wasn't able to get any real sleep 'cause I was too scared to oversleep and miss the Tuesday session (and besides, Thor and Margie will kill me if I do).
I was up by 5 a.m., and out of the house by 6:20. When I got to the Ortigas-Ayala shuttle terminal, the Ayala line was four or five rows thick, and there weren't any vans around. I didn't want my leaving the house early to go to waste, so I left my place in line to search for a cab. As I walked past the terminal I ran into a guy and he asked me if I was going to Makati and if I'd be willing to share a cab with him. I thought, why not? I'm sure these cab drivers are gonna charge us an arm and a leg, and since we were going down at the same stop, I figured that wasn't a bad idea.
So I shared a cab with a stranger.
W is for Waiting
After much waiting and running around we hailed a cab with a slightly disagreeble driver-- well, he was until we told him we'd be paying him P200 for a P140 trip. The guy took the front passenger seat, thankfully, 'cause I don't have to talk to him during the entire trip or look at him when I do. I just want to be left alone to think about my workshop (while secretly wishing that I get there before 8). One more good thing was that the guy was nice enough to make small talk and shut up at the appropriate moments. I had thinking room.
We arrived at Makati at 8:15. Stupid stupid C5 traffic, I swear. The guy was late. I was still in the clear (I texted Margie earlier just to make sure). (There were only 5 workshoppers present out of the 28 total when I arrived.)
Afterthought: It didn't occur to me to ask the stranger's name. I dunno why. (Well, it didn't occur to him either.) But we parted with thank yous and a see you next time. The experience was awkward, but not in a bad way.
W is for Workshop
Workshop went well, I think. Or at least I felt fulfilled. The class left the room happy, and that made me happy.
Kathy was there to assist me, so it wasn't as stressful as I imagined. And the DTI people were forgiving of mistakes and they were fun to teach (although they were awfully quiet during the first hour-- that kind of bothered me heh heh).
I should mention the caterers (The Goblet or something or other) were really really nice to us. Super maasikaso sila. And the omelet was really really yummy. :-)
W is for work.
After the workshop, Kathy and I went to Glorietta. She got herself a pair of what Nico calls jovan-shoes (a.k.a. cute maryjanes hehe) and took off to Timezone while I met up with St. Scho thesis students for some manuscript and work schedule issues. It turned out I'm supposed to do more than twice the number of pages (book illustrations) that I initially agreed to do. Harrgh. Good luck sa akin.
W is for Wonderful.
Nico came to pick me up. We went to SaGuijo a bit earlier than usual for lack of anything else to do before the Starkiller gig.
Carpenters Night! I enjoyed Best Before's set and their cover of Yesterday Once More. (I can just skip the other bands 'cause I don't have anything to say about them. Heh heh...) I loved loved loved FL's version of Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft. I wanted to see Mighty perform, but they were performing last + Nico and I were just tired from a very long day, and we had people hitching with us on our way out.
W is for Wasted.
You think? (o_O)
No comments:
Post a Comment