Sunday, November 13, 2005

Weekend nights.

Jon (FL drummer and Chillitees guitarist) broke his hand on his birthday by hitting a wall repeatedly with his fist. He didn't know it was broken at the Starkiller gig, but he played a good round anyway. A day or two after, he decided to get an x-ray. Now he has to wear that plaster thing for a month, and go through therapy after.

Moral of the story: if you want to break your hand, let someone else do it for you. Heh heh.

*****

So, drummerless, Forgetting Luna played an acoustic set at Mayrics. They did okay. :-) We stayed for Imago's and Sandwich's sets and we didn't regret it. :-)

And it was perfect timing, too. Imago's set was good. I think I appreciate them more live. They played Spoliarium, too, which will be part of an E-heads tribute album. Then Sandwich played a bunch of new songs, never-been-played just-finished stuff, and the old hits as well. Raims even sang Magasin, and Chicosci's Paris. It was a fun, fun set.

The gig finished early-- 12:30 a.m. So we headed on to Big Sky to check out Karen's Club Dredd photo exhibit. (You gotta see those big bad hair days! Back then Hank had nicer hair than most women I know, myself included. Partida na 'yun, di pa uso pa-rebond nun ha! Hehehe...) SVC was there performing, and poking fun at Jon's broken hand. Heh heh...

We didn't stay long, though. Nico had too much beer, and we were both pooped already.

*****

I started Saturday with work, and ended (again) with a gig. I accompanied Nico to their pre-gig rehearsal with Jovi who was subbing for Jon at the Revolver gig.

Ang galing-galing ni Jovi! She learned four songs in less than two hours practice. And she really did well during the gig. FL did a good set, but Pedicab was a tough act to follow.

We didn't stay for Bitter Pill's set because we were all tired and we had to take Jovi home.

*****

Sunday was more work for me. I took a break at 5:30 p.m. when Nico picked me up. We took my mom to her event, then we got lost on our way out of the Calumpang area and ended up in the middle of Marcos Highway traffic (where a taxi fell into the ravine and there were several policemen, cranes and ambulances in the area). Hungry, we finally arrived at Marquinton for dinner (I didn't want to stray too far away from home. Work beckons.)

We had a very satisfying meal at Fat Choi (yummy!!!). Then we played a few games at Timezone (Nico just got addicted to the Stacker game) right before watching Flightplan. It was an okay movie.

*****

Did I say 'work beckons'? Yeah. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment