Saturday, February 4, 2006

Happy-sad-confused.

I saw the movie Proof today. (It stars Gwyneth Paltrow, that Jake guy whose surname I can't spell without checking Google, Sir Anthony Hopkins.) Twenty minutes into the movie I was in tears. It's depressingly good (kahit hindi ko naintindihan 'yung Math geekspeak).

Ayan tuloy, nalungkot ako. :-/

*****

A few minutes ago, I was pondering on a lot of advocacy stuff (animal rights, in particular).

(I'll spare you the details for ethical reasons.)

Let me ask you guys something: Knowing that I am not and am very far from being a vegetarian, would you say I'm a hypocrite if I said I was against trafficking/exploitation of wild animals? That I believe in the humane treatment of pets? That I do not tolerate the killing of dogs to make asucena? That I am totally against the idea of paying P200 to see live (and half-dead) chickens being dragged behind a moving vehicle to attract lions and tigers? That I think animals in captivity should not be made to do stupid tricks in exchange for food (mostly in the guise of being 'tourist attractions')?

I am so confused.

3 comments:

  1. *hugs* i wanna watch that movie tuloy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched it with my friends. They didn't like it but I did. No, it's NOT JUST because of Jake Gyllenhaal. Hehe! And not just because I adore Sir Anthony Hopkins. The movie was simple, open-ended but very touching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love our housepets but i love doublecheeseburgers just the same... try not too think too much about it dear. i want to build a library someday!

    ReplyDelete