Yes, I did not work last weekend!
Me Talk Pretty Saturday
I met up with Zarah & Don and went to Powerbooks Greenbelt for the David Sedaris book signing. We listened to David read a handful of very funny essays (some of which have not been published).
He's funnier in person, and he's very approachable. Or rather, he likes approaching members of the audience himself. He likes talking to people who ask for his autograph. He sort of understands Filipino humor.
He told us he went to a cockpit arena to watch a fight and he remarked that he was the only homosexual there. He loved Evil Dead and made a few comments on the remake ("If you can't outwit a zombie, you just can't do anything.") He expressed interest in the local guns and weaponry regulations and laws. He told us of his Bruno's barbershop experience peppered with humorous side comments. And I was starstruck as usual.
When I approached the signing table, he asked me a few questions: "What do you do" (I'm in the field of viusal arts), "Do you have a yaya" (no, not in a very long time, no), "Do you still live with your parents" (with my mom), and "Are you seeing someone at the moment" (no). Then he started to set me up with the guy who just had his books signed. Hahaha! Labo. After a few more pleasant exchanges, he wrote on my copy of Me Talk Pretty One Day:
Dear Jovan,
Thank you for making me rich.
Hehehehehe.
Birthday Party Saturday
Right after the signing I attended Vicoy's birthday party at Yale and had geek fun with Cranium and glam rock on Extreme Magic Sing. The couch ate me alive and I ended up staying over until noon the next day. (Yay for extra tanktop and disposable underwear hehehe!) Then I went straight to the next party.
Harry Birthday Sunday today
Celebrated Harry Potter's birthday one day in advance at Ruth's house with potluck food (yum!) and a game of Diagon Alley, something that will make enemies out of friends after. Hehehehe.
Was tempted to watch Nacho Libre at Greenbelt (I wanted to watch the movie before leaving for Ilocos but it got pretty hectic), but it sucked to go home late in the rain from Makati so I didn't.
*yawn*
Need to catch up on some shuteye.
*poof*
No comments:
Post a Comment