Sunday, June 27, 2004

Today is a day of surprises.

Or at least I hope it will be a day for *pleasant* surprises for the next 10 hours or more.

I don't talk about it much here, but I've been job/raket hunting lately. Today I woke up to a phone call from one of them companies, asking me to come over for my final interview. I know they have an awful long shortlist (strange phrase don't you think?) of people to talk to. Good luck to me.

***

Before my sleep was interrupted by that phone call, I was having dreams of surreal conversations. I don't remember most of them, but I do vaguely remember two settings: on the street- Joy, my long-time kabarkada; & over the phone- a certain 'Chandrina' (she sounded like Charms, maybe it was her-- you know how dreams screw you up that way).

The latter one was the one I was having when my mom called me to get the phone. I can only remember saying 'sandali...' audibly when I woke up.

The first one was odd and natural at the same time. I ran into Joy on the street and she told me she was 'on the family way'. Hey, kewl, etc., etc. and all those long-time-no-see & congratulations felicities. She was wearing blue denims and a maroon collared shirt-- the usual college clothes back in freshman year. I guess that disoriented me. I don't remember the last time I saw her wearing jeans (kasi laging naka-corporate lawyer attire siya). I got the time line screwed up so I didn't think she'd really have a kid at the time.

After answering the phone call downstairs, I went back to my bedroom to text Joy whom I haven't seen since she & Dino got married last December.

me: Hi Joy! I dreamt last night that I ran into u & u told me u were on the family way. Hehehe labo ko.

Joy: Hehehe! Hindi ka malabo. Psychic nga eh. I'm three months preggy na actually :-)

me: Wahahah! OMG! Congrats senyo! Ü

Joy: Tenks! Tagal na nating di nagkikita ano?! We should meet up soon with the rest of the party people. :)


Wow. Talk about cosmic. I guess that's a perfect reason to get together. I smell a baby shower coming up. :-)

***

Nico and I watched the PBA game yesterday (Talk 'n Txt vs Ginebra). Sayang we didn't get to see Sandwich perform (sa half time 'ata ng first game sila togs). We just arrived when Marc stepped out into the parking lot. Soon after, we saw Raims, Myrene & Atari (ang cute, ang kulet!).

Saya ng game, panalo Ginebra! Ang galing ni Caguioa. Ang saya ng daddy ni Nico hehehe...

Although there were a lot of annoying trashtalkers, there were funny moments as well. There's this old guy who's always there at Ginebra games. He kept on shouting at the TnT import: 'Honeycutt, you look like a zombies!!![sic]' Hahaha... Anlakas talaga ng boses niya, nasa lower box siya nakaupo, dinig na dinig namin sa ibaba.

Sayang nanood din pala si Mike D and Diegocas ng game. I found out from Kathy na mukhang haggard kagabi, di ko man lang nabati hehe... Hi Kathy!

***

Ayun. Story of my life. Shet ang babaw ko hehehe...


No comments:

Post a Comment