I am a jacket user. I think it's an inconvenience on my part to use/bring an umbrella. It's cumbersome, it takes up precious bag space. And I have the tendency to forget/lose it. Wearing a jacket, I have my hands free for other things, like lugging things around, and hailing a cab/jeep/fx/bus.
I am not against umbrella users. Except when they don't know how to keep the damned thing to themselves.
Example 1: I walk along the street and some person walks toward me, open umbrella in hand. Said person doesn't care how tall or short I am and walks as though s/he is the only person on the sidewalk. One of the umbrella tines hits me smack on top of my fragile little skull. (Apology optional.)
Example 2: Wet umbrella-wielding passenger boards public transport. As s/he walks toward a vacant seat, her/his umbrella brushes against everyone's knee or shoulder, making said body parts as wet as the umbrella.
Minsan hindi talaga maiiwasan. Pero mas madalas, pwede naman talaga. Basta sensitive lang tayo sa personal space ng iba.
*sigh*
***
I went to Ortigas today thinking that I had a video conference to attend. As it turns out, it was moved to Thursday and the change was posted in the mailing list. At hindi ako nakapagcheck ng mail today. Engerts talaga. Anyway, may napala naman ako. At least I got to meet up with Nico (with his mom and sister) at the I.n.K. exhibit at Shangri-La Plaza Mall. (It runs until August 24, I hope you guys can still drop by to check it out.) :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment