Sunday, April 3, 2005

Life in the fast lane.

Nico picked me up to have lunch at his house today. Met his cousins from the father's side, including those who came from Virginia. Ate really yummy cheesecake, kicked some Tekken ass on the PS2. Nico and I accompanied his cousins to play basketball, but the subdivision court and the one at Celebrity were occupied. Bianca suggested we head for The Fort for some go-cart racing, so we did, all 8 Africa cousins, myself and JC.

All of us save for JC were newbies so we were divided into two groups. Group 1: JC (Blue2), me (Yellow4 --haha feeling Bioman kami), Nico (Green3), Kester & Kelvin; group 2: Bianca, Vada, Mara, Emily and Allan.

Scary sa umpisa, pero ok naman after you get the hang of it. Pawis steering nga lang talaga. Sakit ng arms ko. Tas ang init ng jumpsuit, face mask and helmet. But once you're on the track, kebs na ang init! Ang saya! :-D

Doing sharp turns was exhilirating. Nakakakaba pa rin though, I hit the barrier during the second lap. (Ambilis ni JC!) It took me a while before I became comfortable with the foot pedals.

Tas astig, they print out the stats afterwards. I asked a copy for each of us.


Click to see stats.

HAH! Second place ako.

Si Nico nag-enjoy rin. Sabi niya babalik kami roon. (Hah, mahal nga lang! P600/pax tas 5 to 10 minutes approximate time. :-P)

*****

A bunch of InKies and I went to Jason Moss's exhibit opening at Boston Gallery (Cubao) last night after the regular InK meeting. Ganda ng mga works niya! You guys should go see it. The exhibit runs until the 27th, I think.

*****

Watched Miss Congeniality 2 last night with Nico and Marnie at Gateway Mall, and I have mixed feelings about it. Funny naman, but some parts are just too cheesy or slapstick for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment