Monday, June 6, 2005

Hit and miss.

Watched a movie last night and regretted it. Sin City with its eye-candy moments (I really liked the reverse silhouette scenes and the black light treatment) felt like a movie that should have ended hours ago.

The first third of the movie was uhm, okay. The rest-- well, I would rate from blah to crap. I find it difficult to reconcile the characters' motivations with their actions. Parang kulang pa. At parang ang hirap nilang patayin ha. Moreover, the idea of the empowered whore does not sit well with me. Thumbs down to the macho sexual fantasy.

It was easy to spot when Tarantino had taken over the direction. After two volumes of Kill Bill (which I thought were kewl, btw), his treatment which he used again in this film had become stressful to endure.

I've never read the comic books and I don't think it's a loss for me. So when friends ask me what I think about the movie, I reply: Ayun, puro barilan at puta.

No comments:

Post a Comment