Wednesday, June 8, 2005

No rest for the geographically challenged.

Yesterday I went to The British Council to submit an ITT form, then I went to Makati to submit the last installment of JAM issue 3. After accomplishing the important stuff I went back to Makati Cinema Square to have the Tori Amos dvd replaced. Yay! The Graham Coxon disc works fine on the generic DVD player though ('ika nga ni Lee: 'NextBase-- kahit pasyon babasahin niyan.'), so I kept the copy anyway, in the hopes of watching it in the future (on someone else's player, probably hehe; mine's currently region 3). I found a Classic Extreme videos DVD, too, which I gave to Nico when I got back to the Makati CBD area. I wish I had more cash on me, I fished out several interesting DVDs only to return them to the stacks. But then again, maybe it was a good thing I didn't have money on me at that time. Heh heh heh...

*****

Today I ran a couple of bank errands, had lunch alone, paid my bills, bought a caller ID unit, went to a couple of meetings, surfed the net on a public computer, and visited a friend.

Bank errands were mostly I.n.K. business. Lunch was another effect of Supersize Me!. The bills-- well, I wish I didn't have to pay for them, but that means no hotline and no internet for me. The first meeting was prospective NGO raket, the second was for voluntary work. I caught up with days of backlog e-mail at this DSL shop in UP Shopping Center.

*****

After my meeting with Troy regarding his children's library project, we thought of visiting Mona, our friend who was in a vehicular accident more than a month ago. We gave her a call, and arrived at her doorstep minutes later (not without getting lost though hehe).

She seemed to be recovering well, despite the injuries she sustained (she broke her bones in two or three places, had 9 stitches near her right ear and recently discovered that she has a severed nerve in her right foot). We talked about the accident, and our current lives (or lack thereof hehe). She's in good spirits, despite everything, and can still talk about the incident humorously. I'm just glad she's still alive to tell the tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment