Thursday, July 21, 2005

Akala ninyo siguro apathetic ako.

While looking for photos for comping I stumbled upon the Lonely Planet website. I clicked on our little country on the map, and this is what I found.

Ang ganda ng sinabi, di ba? :-P Hindi ko alam kung malulungkot o magagalit ako. What it said was true. The warning serves as a precaution to travellers, but it just rubs off me the wrong way. It's bad in some places, I know. Pero andito pa ako. Anjan ka pa (binabasa ang blog ko).

I can easily blame the government for the country's sad state. I'm blaming not just one person. Almost every single member of the government (almost, para hindi naman mashadong sweeping ang generalization hehe). Nakaka-irita lang kasing isipin na marami sa kanila, andyan na sa gobyerno mula pa ng panahon ni Marcos. Kebs nila ang palitan ng pamumunuan. Basta andyan pa rin sila.

Sige na nga, hindi naman lagi. Some have resorted to resignation as a statement (at siguro sincere naman ang iba sa intensyon nila). Pero ipupusta ko ang isang taong sweldo ko na *at least* kalahati sa mga 'yan, babalik sa "paninilbihan" sa gobyerno (pareho man ang pwesto, o sa ibang opisina na, basta sa gobyerno pa rin). O di ba, may commitment to public service? Kaya kutob mo, walang pagbabago?

If recycling government officials actually helps conserve the environment, shit, this country is paradise.

I am not sure where I stand in all this political hullabaloo. Do I want GMA to resign? Hell, yeah. But I also want most everyone to resign, and I want the opportunists to shoo and go away. I want a new government, run by people who care about the country and its constituents, people who really know what they are doing.

REBOLUSHOWN!!! FASHOWN!!!

Argh.

2 comments:

  1. nakakalungkot...harsh, it's like a slap in the face...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. May pagka-masokista siguro ang mga Pilipino. Kebs ang paulit-ulit na sampal... :-P

    ReplyDelete