I'm feeling lucky.
Yesterday was a feel-good Saturday, although it has been a bit hectic for me. Recently my sleeping hours have been shorter than usual, I have difficulty getting up at 11 in the morning. I dragged myself out of bed a little bit later than that, so I had to hurry to get ready for a meeting.
(Actually, I was working Friday night, having another round of insomnia, then I got sick of work and read half-way through Harry Potter and the Half-Blood prince instead [thanks, Anj!]. Thursday night was Being John Malkovich on DVD. FUN! Malkovich? Malkovich! Malkovichmalkovichmalkovichmalkovich... Heh heh heh... But I digress.)
I left the house in a rush without eating breakfast/lunch. It rained hard on the way; I was half-wet when I met up with Nico at Katipunan.
Thinking I was already late, I ignored hunger pangs and we headed for Aklatang Pambata where I was meeting with UP Interior Design students who were helping out with the community library renovations. I discussed the I.n.K. office construction specifications with them, then Nico and I stayed on for the meeting with community representatives (Barangay councilors, teachers & SK officers), and talked about the community library project targeted for the children of Barangay Paltok, Del Monte, QC.
I felt good, despite the uncomfortable hunger pangs. Being part of this project in my small way made me feel proud of myself. (Now I can say that at least once in my life I haven't been selfish. Heh heh heh...)
We didn't finish the meeting though. I was really hungry and I wanted to do something about it. I had late beef biryani lunch at Mister Kabab, and we had yogurt shakes afterward (sarap!!!).
We made a short detour to Tower Records Quezon Avenue before going to Greenhills (where we were meeting Nico's family for a movie and dinner). After much self-debate, Nico bought the new NIN cd With Teeth and we immediately popped the cd in the player as soon as we got in the car. ANG GANDA. I want a copy.
We met up with Nico's parents at the Theater Mall. They already bought tickets for us to see The Island. The movie's okay, the sige-na-nga not-bad kind of okay. I guess lowering my expectations really helped a lot (well, the advertisers billed it as from the same guys who did Armageddon and Pearl Harbor-- not exactly my favorite films in the world, you know hahahaha...). It was worth watching for Ewan McGregor, to say the least. Heh heh...
We had dinner at Little Asia after thawing (gadsh ang lamig sa sinehan noh) outside the resto. Bianca joined us for dinner (but didn't eat), and introduced to us her new boyfriend. She looked happy. Naks. :-)
We all loitered for a bit at the newly opened Fully Booked store, drooled over the books we wanted to own, then eventually broke up in pairs. Nico's parents went home, his sister left with her beau, and Nico and I stayed for a bit to play at Timezone. :-)
A nap in the car kind of kept me awake when I got home, so just now I finished reading Book 6, and found myself crying and cursing at what had happened. (And now Rowling let's us grieve until the next installment of Harry Potter comes. Bwiset.)
*****
I'm sleepy with tears and I can't concentrate.
nakakaiyak nga yung bagong Harry Potter...*sniff*
ReplyDelete