Friday, July 29, 2005

It comes in threes.

My calves are hurting from two consecutive days of walking around Makati. :-P

I did rush work yesterday. After online exchanges of presentations and revisions with my client, I finally had three collaterals approved and finalized. As soon as I burned them to a cd I hurried to Makati for submission.

I got caught up in rush hour traffic and arrived in Makati at 6. It was a good thing my client was still in the office by the time I got there. The client was happy with the submissions, and I was happy with what I got in return. ;-) Heh heh...

*****

I went back to Glorietta again, this time caught unaware of the number of people inside. Midnight madness sale pala. Hmf.

Chin happened to be in the same mall so we met up. She was shopping for casual rubber shoes for her trip to Subic the next day. We were distracted by all the pink shoes (maraming magagandang pink ngayon, ewan ko ba)! I found a nice pink and gray pair of Fila and resolved to buy them the following week.

Chin suddenly blurted, 'Ano ka ba, bilhin mo na 'yan! Sale kaya noh!' I looked at the price tag, then at the discount sign (which said 30% off).

[insert pregnant pause and sound effects for the realization which just dawned upon me]

The sales guy did the math for me and went off to get a pair my size. 'Langya ka, Chin, ikaw dapat 'yung bibili ng sapatos,' I said with a chuckle. After a couple of tries and a few minutes, I was falling in line at the cashier. I was in impulse-buying bliss.

While Chin was trying on her yellow pair of Diesel shoes, Nico showed up at the shoe section, handing me a Tower Records bag with Tori Amos' new album in it. ('Peace na tayo ha?' Okay. Heh heh...)

After shoes, I did a side trip for denims. Chin bought shades. This mall is evil.

*****

Nico treated us to a fairly huge dinner at the newly opened A Veneto pizzeria. We were so hungry, but there was still plenty of food left over. We took the food and my loot to the car, and Chin went to 6750 to wait for her parents to pick her up.

We went back inside the mall and roamed around Tower. I saw Dubstar's new cd! I'll get it next week, probably. We postponed plans to watch a movie to the next day and played arcade at Timezone instead (that's thrice in a week for me!). I saved the tickets we earned for some other time.

*****

In front of my house I fell asleep in the car and woke up with a start. I couldn't remember what I was dreaming then. Pero parang bad trip 'yung feeling. Weird.

*****

I still feel tired. But I have had my rewards, and so much more besides. Aw, happiness. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment