[Warning: Image heavy entry]
I'm back.
Kapagod!!! But I had so much fun. :-D
I just downloaded these pics from Troy's laptop when we met at the hospital yesterday (Marnie's mom has been admitted again :-( hope she gets well soon). The ones with watermarks are mine, the rest are Troy's, except for a few taken by either Mark, Sel, or the Northridge resort people.
23 April 2006 • Day 1
Early Sunday morning Mark picked us up from the Laoag bus station. First stop over was Macy's, a kind of 70s-style diner. P80 ang longsilog. I only had mushroom soup because I wasn't hungry yet. Mejo mahal ang presyo rito kung probinsya ang usapin.
This is the Sta. Monica (?) church in Sarrat, Ilocos Norte, built in the 1700s.
Ang drama ng kuha ni Troy ng stained glass no? Hehe.
Puro bricks! I love brickwork. Maraming ganito rito.
Photo op at the balcony at the back of the church.
These are the steps leading to the adjacent building which I believe is the parish office. Sel wants to get married here.
Peeking from behind the arches. (n_n)
Next stop was Cape Bojeador, Burgos. That's the lighthouse up there.
The beacon.
Holding on to dear life. The view is beautiful, but stressful for acrophobic humans like me.
Hindi pwedeng hindi nakakapit. :-P
Going down is scarier than going up. Pinagtripan ako ni Troy dito.
:-(
Ah... out of the tower at last.
I can smile now! At least I don't have to climb up this one anymore.
On my way out.
There's a carinderia at the beginning of the lighthouse slope. We decided to eat lunch here first before moving on. Sarap ng tulog ng pussycat. Dinedma ako ng kuting kahit kinulit ko na siya. Hehe.
Ready to eat. After lunch we went to the Marcos museum, but we didn't take photos there.
A preview of our next stop: the wind farm at Bangui.
Grabe ang init! Sel and Mark stayed in the car while Troy and I took a closer look at these huge things.
Standing underneath a windmill. Note the huge shadow of its propellers.
Emote pa.
Panning shot as we were leaving the area.
After visiting the windfarm, we picked up a few things from the market and headed on to our main destination: Pagudpud. Woohoo!
I took a walk with a camera and sketchbook in hand as soon as I unpacked my stuff. (Sel was in a meeting, and Troy was too lazy to go out and wanted to sleep/surf the net.) This is our beachfront.
This is another part of the beach, a couple of minutes walk from where we were staying. Dito sa lugar na ito maganda lumangoy.
The flagpole. Wala lang.
They sell sea shells along the seashore.
My first Pagudpud sunset.
(n_n)
After dinner there's nothing much to do but sing on the videoke machine or play cards. We played Uno over beers and singkamas. Gaguhan pero fun. Hehe.
(Up next: more Pagudpud photos)
ang saya ng trip mo!!! love them pics mami! :-D
ReplyDelete