Friday evening my 5-year old niece Kiwi was already begging me to take her along to the Fète de la Musique. She found out from her eldest sister that her favorite singer would be performing at the same stage as Narda. I warned her that we won't be home until morning but she still kept bugging us non-stop about it.
Saturday noon I woke up to a loud wail. Kiwi was crying because her sibs told her that she was going to stay home. I asked Nico over the phone if it would be all right to take her along with us. He said okay.
I gave conditions: she could only go with us if she finished her lunch and took a nap before we leave. She promptly agreed and complied.
Nico picked us up (her eldest brother tagged along, too) after 4:00. We went to Audiophile so Nico could buy a new cable. Then we headed for Galleria to meet up with Stan, Jomike and the Raya teachers.
We bought take-out dinner and watched Batman Begins-- again (hehe). After the movie we met up with my other niece and her classmate (who were dying to see Hale), then headed for the Fète area.
(Baby-sitter mode kami ni Nico.)
The three older kids went ahead while Kiwi and I stayed behind while Nico restrung his guitar at the parking lot. Juan Pablo Dream could be heard in the background. (Shortly before this time a riot ensued during the Sandwich set at the Rock stage, and the performances there were cancelled.)
I got an extra backstage pass at the alternative stage. Kiwi and I watched selected performances from the side stage entrance/exit.
She patiently waited for her Tito Nico to play, despite showing visible signs of tiredness. After Narda's set (sa wakas nakatugtog na rin sila sa Fète! hehe), I asked her if we should go home. She shook her head with furrowed brows and said 'Ayaw. Di ko pa nakikita si Kitchie Nadal.' (Every time the host mentioned Kitchie's name Kiwi clapped her hands.)
(The other kids didn't get to see Hale perform, because they were at El Pueblo then, but they were able to take their pics with Champ at the backstage area afterwards. Cute nga si Champ hehehe...)
Super low batt na si Kiwi during Stonefree's set. I asked her again if she already wanted to go home. She said, 'Gisingin mo ako 'pag nandyan na si Kitchie.' Hay... sige na nga.
As soon as she heard me say 'anjan na pala si Kitchie,' she promptly opened her eyes, got up from the chair and started to lead me towards the side of the stage. As soon as she spotted her, Kiwi waved like crazy. Nabuhayan ng loob ang low batt.
Kitchie finally took the stage. Kiwi sang along to the songs she knew. Barbie and Roca, who were both sitting at the side of the stage, spotted Kiwi and called her up, I thought they were just going to ask Kiwi to sit beside them. To my surprise Barbie carried her all the way to the front of the stage, gave her a mic, and had her sing along with Kitchie (kahit bulol siya and she hardly knew the words)! O ha, sikat. Hahaha...
After her one-minute-of-fame moment, Kiwi stepped down with a huge smile on her face. ('Ang saya ko! Hihi...') She only wanted to see her play and she got so much more besides. (At nakausap pa niya si Spiderman!-- a.k.a. Dan of Kiko Machine) We were all happy for her, too.
Mukhang sulit naman lahat ng pagod namin. Everyone went home happy.
Awww... that is so cute :P And sweet of you to take your niece to Fete. I'm glad nothing happened to her, hehe.
ReplyDeleteStarshuffler: So that was your neice, Kiwi! Ang cute nya. Hope you liked the pic nilang dalawa ni Kitchie! :)
ReplyDeleteLuna: Yeah, it was a good thing the Podium crowd wasn't as rowdy (what an understatement hehe) as the ones at the Rock Stage. Plus we had the perks of the back stage hehehe... The down side is that I didn't get to see a lot of friends who were there.
ReplyDeletegalenlondeien: Thanks for dropping by. We enjoyed your pics. I'm surrounded by fangirls. :-P heh heh