After my (last) workshop session (for the summer), I went to Glorietta in the hopes of watching Aids's fan fic premiere. On my way there I found out it was postponed, but it was too late to turn back. I thought, heck, I might as well check out day one of the Star Wars Convention.
At the activity center, I (and a few others) comprise the minority. Geeks outnumber the non-geeks 100 to 1. I felt out of place. Heh heh... (Hey, no offense to geeks, okay? Kudos to them, actually. Geekness is a calling.)
Ran into Ate Faye, an InKie, and, of course Aids, complete with eyebags and shaving nicks (due to lack of sleep). Sci-fi and fantasy booths tried to outdo each other. Expensive toys and paraphernalia abound; cosplayers milled about.
There was a Star Wars trivia game (where the host asked questions which I do not know the answers to), complete with Flash effects on video wall. I stayed up until the highlight of the event, the cosplay competition.
Career ang mga costumes!!! There was a 10-month old baby dressed as a youngling (supercute!!!)-- I believe it's the same kid who was in a Storm Trooper costume last October at Hard Rock Café. There were a couple of Aayla Securas, a really intimidating Darth Vader, a number of Naboo queens, Anakins & Jedi, a jawa, a couple of ewoks, and a host of other suspicious looking creatures. Pretty impressive was the General Grievous get up, complete with extra apppendages and light sabers (he placed second). At ang hindi kinaya ng powers nino man: some daring soul dressed up as SLAVE LEIA. (Laban kayo dun?!?) Guys all over were ogling at her costume (or lack thereof). I guess it all paid off for her as she took home the first prize.
Too bad Nico wasn't able to go. He was busy (and I quote) 'fighting bugs in the Outer Rim of d Galaxy'.
Oookay. Heh heh... (There's still tomorrow, if you want to see what I'm talking about.)
im not much into starwars... biruin mo, natulugan ko! heheehehe
ReplyDeleteAko rin naman eh hehehe... nakikisakay lang ako sa mga kaibigan ko for molar support. ;-)
ReplyDelete