Monday, May 16, 2005

The geeks are restless.

Temperatures are rising, tempers are flaring. All because the final installment of the Star Wars movie saga is about to hit local theaters.

I have half a mind to skip both premieres I'm scheduled to watch this week (tonight and tomorrow night).

George Lucas I hate you.

I hate you for the bad scripts. I hate you for the bad directing. Most of all I hate you for twisting the minds of innocent men (boys).

*****

Monday has been a day of coincidences for me. Good coincidences, at that. All I was scheduled to do yesterday was deliver Nickee's bundle of requests (cds and stuff) to her officemate who is in the country for a vacation, and the other stuff just happened spontaneously.

I thought I was running late, but when I arrived at Robinsons Galleria, the person I was supposed to meet wasn't there yet. While killing time I made a last-minute stop at Odyssey, to check if there are any more good local cds out to send to the US. I asked around for the Pedicab album which, according to Jason, was scheduled to be released last week. ('Bago po, from Vicor,' I said helpfully, because I dread the generic uninformed reply 'Ay, out of stock'.) The lady at the store took a while to get back to me, but not without good news. The delivery from Vicor just arrived. Yay! Bought two copies, one for myself and one for Nickee. :-)

I told Jason via SMS that I already bought their album, and that sayang, di ko na mapapa-autograph for my friend because I was going to send it that afternoon. He told me they were at RX for the Concert Series guesting and asked me to drop by. So I did, since I was trying to kill time anyway. After I had Nickee's cd signed, I went back to Galleria to finally meet up with Nickee's elusive officemate.

After a brief exchange of hellos and thank yous with Shaui, I hurried back to the radio station to catch the rest of Pedicab's set. (I missed three songs, I think.) I hung out with guys for a bit while trying to decide what to do with the rest of the evening.

Blast Ople was going to perform at SaGuijo, but I really wanted to see Fil-Canadian Emm Gryner perform at Conspiracy Bar (it's her last gig here)-- mostly because of KF's blog post. Only I was iffy to go alone. Jason suggested I get in touch with KF, so I asked her if she was going. KF replied in the affirmative (yay!), and told me to get in touch with Margie who was already in the area. Margie told me she was going to have dinner with Luis, and didn't mind that I tagged along with them.

Insta-gimik! Hehehe... :-D So we had dinner at Rasa Express at the Megastrip (yum!), talked about stuff, and ate some more. Then it was time to pick up KF and K2.

(KF said we'd be FOOLS not to see the show, so Margie and I agreed that we are going to Conspiracy to redeem ourselves from our foolishness, even for just a little bit hehehe.)

We arrived at the tail end of Emm Gryner's performance (aww sayang), but she did a one-song encore after Ate Cynthia's (very) short set. From what I have seen and heard (two and a half songs heh heh), Emm Gryner is a good singer/performer (and she has cute silver starry sandals! hehe). Maybe I'll have the chance to see her again, if she comes back some time in November. (Sana.)

*****

There was a crappy bit about my Monday (Mondays tend to have that most of the time), but I edited most of it out. I was glad to be out again with other people. And I went home happy, so I'm leaving it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment