Thursday, May 12, 2005

Turkish Delight?

Last night Marnie, Troy, Rory and I got together for dinner in Quezon City. It's been a while since I last saw any of them. (Rory's always on duty at the hospital and therefore almost always unavailable for get-togethers, Marnie just got back from Istanbul, and Troy-- well, I don't know what he's up to except the Rowing Tournament at Boracay a few weeks back.)

Rory bought dinner as a post-birthday treat, and Marnie gave us pasalubong: nice cards from Turkey, chocolates, some nougat that tasted like turones de casuy, and Turkish Delight. I finished dinner, deliberately leaving some room for dessert.

(Okay-- so what's the big deal about Turkish Delight? It's that Narnia-famous delicacy. That kind of hyped it up for me, so I was looking forward to tasting it.)

On the package, there was a picture of some red jello-looking cubes covered in powder.

I said, 'Ano ito? Baka pichi-pichi lang ito ha. Hahaha...'

(Alam ninyo 'yun? 'Yung parang jelly na espasol ek na nabibili sa mga bus station na pampasalubong pag galing kayong Batangas.)

Marnie told us that, yeah, it's something like that. Heh heh... Sige lang, masarap naman ang pichi-pichi eh. So I opened the foil pack and took out a plastic tray. It smelled of flowers. Roses, to be exact. And it tasted like roses. (Duh, it says rose flavor below the food shot.) In plain Tagalog-- lasang pabango 'yung Turkish Delight.

Marnie explained that it came in different flavors like pistachio.

I told her, 'Sana pumili ka ng mas edible na flavor.'

'Edible naman ang roses ah. Hehehe...'

'Para sa kabayo, oo. Pero di ako kumakain ng roses noh. It's not my teacup. Maiba-blog ko ito. Hahahaha... Pahingi naman ng Kisses. (To self:) Is this what Edmund got into trouble for??? Ick.'

Maybe it's not so bad, hindi ko lang siguro type. (I don't like jasmine tea for the same reason.) Hehehe ;-D Sorry Marns, I'm not sophisticated enough for rose-flavored Turkish Delight, pero salamat talaga sa experience! Hehehe... ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment