Sunday, May 15, 2005

Manila, Manila.

Nico and I both went home with a beer buzz this morning after Sushi's open bar party at Luce. (Fun! Saw Sushi and Paulette after a terribly long time. But silly old man Carlos forgot my name.) I thought I wouldn't be able to wake up before lunch time, but my mobile phone's alarm went off at 10 a.m., reminding me of lunch at Stanley's house in Binondo.

Met up with Nico at Riverbanks some time around 11 a.m., then we parked the car at Gateway Mall. We browsed a bit in Fully Booked, then took the LRT-2 train to Recto. (I figured it's less stressful to commute to the Manila area via the Megatren.)

Adventure na itu! In the blistering heat we took a jeep to Divisoria. With instructions from Stanley via mobile phone we were able to find our way to his place. (First time ko sa Binondo! Alam kong malapit na kami sa kanila kasi marami nang tandercats na Chino sa kalye palakad-lakad hehe...) May creepy Asian-horror-flick elevator experience pa on our way up the third floor apartments. Hehehehe...

Anyway, it was all good. The food was good (Nico specially liked the seafood roll), and I got my Pei Pa Koa, too. (It's more than 50% cheaper to get it at Ongpin than at Watsons-- shempre.) At super nakakatawa 'yung pic ni Stanley with the false teeth.

After an hour or so we went back to Cubao the way we came. (I really like taking the LRT-2.) We couldn't stay long because Nico needed to buy a really nice steel string acoustic-electric with a hard case at Audiophile (pogi guitar!), before the PBA game. (Ginebra won the game-- finally. They were on a losing streak for a few weeks already.)

I squeezed a short meeting in between the game and dinner with Nico and his dad, then my day was done.

Hectic ano? Heh heh...

I told myself I'll be going back to Binondo, when there's more time. Anyway, Stanley promised me a tour, so I'm looking forward to that. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment