I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.
Last night Stanley, Jomike, Nico and I met up at Mag:Net Katipunan to see a comedy group perform. I was iffy to go at first, because I can't stand okray-humor-- comedians who make fun of the people who paid to see them are not funny in my book. Stan said it was okay to see them, that they're not those kinds of comedians.
I arrived just as the show was about to start. I paid 150 bucks to get in (P50 consumable), and I thought, this better be worth it. And Stan was right, Beepsie Mercado (Gabe's wife) introduced themselves as Spit (Silly People's Improv Theater) and assured us that the jokes won't be directed at the audience. She further explained that Spit performs without a script, and the group takes off from the spectator's suggestions. They encourage audience participation, too.
And they're very good! They're spontaneous and quick to wit. Nakakabilib.
They have at least one new segment every show, so there's always something to look forward to next time people come to watch. Spit is performing again at Mag:Net next Thursday (May 26). Maybe I'll be there. Maybe. Hmmm... Anyone coming with me?
napanood ko na sila sa ccp kaso nag-improv sarwela pero magaling hehehe. at napanood mo na yung mc dull na pinahiram ko? astig yun!
ReplyDeleteNapanood ko kaninang madaling araw (sa wakas!)! Ang CUUUTE. At ang ganda ng art direction ha. Bun snatcher pala ehhh... :-)
ReplyDeletetas diba ang sad sad ng ending tangina. kaya panalo yun eh :)
ReplyDeleteOo nga. 'Yung turkey kasi eh... Pero maganda nga. Thank you, Kathy! Soli ko sa 'yo next time we see each other. :-)
ReplyDelete