Monday, October 17, 2005

Breathless.


Day 2: InKies Liza Jandy Oro Yasmin Bleps Jodi me Liz Luwi Loki (Photo by Liza Flores)

We finally finished painting the Aklatang Pambata storytelling area. It was fun, but exhausting. See Liza's pictures here.

Ang sakit sakit sakit ng katawan ko, pero sulit naman ang effort. :-)

*****

Nico picked me up at the community library after his band rehearsal late in the afternoon. We met up with his dad and sister and heard mass at the UP Chapel. After mass, Nico ran a short errand and then we headed for Eastwood for family dinner and a movie.

After an enjoyable (and fattening) time at Alba's (Tito Duds sang with the in house serenaders hehe), we headed towards the mall to see Lord of War. It was raining so Nico and I volunteered to go ahead and get the umbrella in the car for his dad and sister (because we both had jackets). While walking towards the mall, I suddenly found myself in tears, unable to breathe, and reeling in pain. Nico kept asking me what was wrong but the only words that were coming out of my mouth was "Ang sakit... Ang sakit..."

I was hit hard in the chest by the guy who was walking in front of us. I realized that I couldn't breathe and I started to panic. Then I forced myself to cough. (And as a result I am now nursing a sore throat as well.)

In between apologies, the guy explained that he was just taking off his polo for his kid to put over his head, and that he didn't hit me on purpose. He even gave us his calling card in case something happens to me. We told them that we understood that it was an accident. I urged Nico to give the card back. I didn't want to know his name.

(I'd like to thank the outdoor staff of Something Fishy for the concern. Thank you, too, for not making me feel any more embarassed than I already was.)

*****

As we approached the mall I asked Nico why stuff like that keeps happening to me.

I have a stinking feeling that I'm just plain unlucky.

*****

I liked Lord of War. I wished I wasn't too tired and in pain, I could've laughed at the funny/witty parts. There were moments where I felt like someone was sitting on my chest, and I was too scared to fall asleep.

*****

Go away, pain.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment