Saturday, October 22, 2005

Stress - destress.

Yesterday was IDisenyo's turnover of the community library to the Aklatang Pambata staff. I woke up late, took some time to reply to e-mails. I left in a huff, got stuck in traffic, missed the speeches and Kontra-Gapi's performance.

The library looked good, despite all the setbacks and stressful moments. Then I checked out the storytelling area. I spoke too soon.

(What's the sound of blood boiling?)

There were names painted over some of the elements of the mural. Names of people who helped renovate the library but did no contribution whatsoever to the painting mural itself. It looked like they did the whole thing. And it was ugly.

I was on the verge of going ballistic. (Restraint is a virtue, I think.) I told my friend never EVER paint over someone else's work (unless you did it with permission, of course). None of us InKies ever bothered putting our names there for credit. (What the hell for, anyway?)

I informed the project head that I will be needing the excess paints because I will cover up the ugly grafitti before the library opening, even if it means I have to do it all myself. Nakakairita lang kasi, walang respeto sa pinaghirapan namin ng dalawang araw. GRRR...

(10, 9, 8, 7...)

Nico picked me up soon afterwards, and we had dinner at A Veneto. Nico seemed like he badly wanted a massage so we called Garden Spa for an appointment.

I didn't want a session in a common room and I was relieved to find that they have curtain partitions for the ladies' massage room. (They have privacy in their common rooms! What can I say?) After taking a shower I was subjected to Swedish massage.

I had no idea how much pain my body was in until last night. My muscles were all in knots, and the masseuse kept telling me to put hot compress on my left shoulder (eeh nakakatamad hehe).

Masarap na masakit. Tanggal ang init ng ulo. Sulit na sulit. (At libre pa. Hehe... Thank you, beh!)

*****

Mainit ba ulo mo? Magpamasahe ka. Now na. Heh heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment