My niece is totally gaga over F4. She has posters, tumblers, memorabilia and trinkets with their faces on them. She has never missed an episode of Meteor Garden.
The other day I teased her and said, "What's so special about F4? E mas cute pa jan boyplex ko."
"Oy hindi a!!!" she protested (and I bet some of you will express disagreement as well, but I admit I'm biased and I do think he's cuter and you can just shove F4 up your booties 'cause this is my blog and I can say what I please hahaha...).
So anyway I stepped over the lookist issue and started telling her why I don't understand her declarations of undying love to [insert F4 member's name here].
OA naman kasi ang drama niya eh. He's a fantasy. He doesn't/can't/won't:
- take you out to the movies
- pick you up or take you home on a semi-regular basis
- run errands for your mom
- ask your cat out on a date
- write a song about you throwing up in somebody else's kitchen sink
- borrow a library book for you and insert a Post-It with his hand-drawn mock image of you
- meet up with strangers in secret to surprise you with a Ciudad lunchbox
- ask you what your favorite flowers are and give them to you on special occasions
- eat kwek-kwek with you on lazy weekday afternoons
- tease you for being chubby and still take you out on eating binges
- listen to you cry over frustrations and vent out petty annoyances
- build an imaginary animal farm and make silly animal sounds with you over the phone
- forgive you almost instantly for being annoying and self-centered at times
- introduce you to his immediate and extended family and make you feel part of it
- record an acapella version of Stevie Wonder's 'I Believe (When I Fall In Love With You It Will Be Forever)' for you after he read your answer to a Friendster survey
- tell you good things not because you want to hear them, but because they're true
- consider you to be his best friend
- beg you to stay
- say 'I love you' at least once every 20 minutes in conversation.
I could go on, you know. Hehehe... (I think I should mention that my niece surrendered to my seemingly endless barrage of reasons while my nephew laughed and listened on.)
Wow. I have so much to be grateful for. To you who do all these things for and with me (and so much more besides), THANK YOU.
(Graham Coxon, eat your heart out and move over.)
No comments:
Post a Comment