Saturday, December 25, 2004

Happy holidays, everyone.

I think I gained all the weight I've lost in the past two months in just one week. :-( December is the start of fattening season, a time when eating habits are reduced to once a day (kain sa umaga hanggang gabi non-stop). Banyo at tulog lang ang pahinga. I might have eaten enough for a two-month hibernation. :-P

***

I haven't blogged in almost a week because I've been busy with my book and domestic duties. Oh, wait. I've been to a gig, too.

Matilda played a unique set at NU 107's Alternativity @ Party Central last Tuesday. Meh and Yvette were not available that night due to sudden changes in NU's schedule (original set time was 5 p.m. instead of 11:30 p.m.); Ayn filled in for Yvette, and Charms played keyboards while fulfilling vocal duties. Mabigat pa rin ang tunog nila kahit walang gitara. :-) (Sorry, not much kwento here. I didn't get to see two-thirds of the show 'cause I had to finish some work before leaving the house. I arrived some time around 11 p.m. during Sugar Free's set.) :-)

Wednesday night I was supposed to go to Matilda's christmas party (and also Yvette's despedida 'cause she's going home to the province for the holidays) but I couldn't make it 'cause I had to house-sit my sister's condo in Pasig and watch over her son for a few days. I took my oldest nephew with me so he can keep TJ company while I work. For two days my cooking skills were put to the test (puro prito lang ang ginawa ko hehehe). Kawawa naman mga pamangkin ko, wala silang choice. Hehehe... Thankfully we all went home to real food on christmas eve.

Photo taken by Yaya EmilyAccepting Tita Tess' invitation, I went to Nico's house to join the Africa family for christmas dinner. Akala ko 'yung gathering parang katulad last year na maraming kamag-anak from the mother's side ang nandun. I prepared myself for the occasion. Wow mali. Apat lang pala kami: myself, Nico's parents and his sister Bianca. Na-tense ako tuloy. Hehehe... Anyway, all went well, busog na busog ako, and Nico's family was really nice and accomodating. They took me home afterwards, too.

When I got home kain na naman! :-P The past few holidays we have been deviating from the typical noche buena fare of ham, queso de bola and such. This year's theme is roast & salad. Yum! Afterwards I had a videoke bonding session with my mom until 3 a.m., singing standards (para makarelate ang nanay kong tandercats hehe) and the occasional pop song. Kebs ang hika, sipon at sakit ng lalamunan. Heheh...

Tomorrow it's back to Pasig for me and TJ. I won't be online much, and I might not be able to check mail until new year's eve. But I'll still be reachable via mobile phone.

***

Thanks to everyone who sent their hoilday greetings and gifts. Much appreciated. :-)

(Got some from my wish list!!! The portable sewing machine and a couple of Moonflower items! Wheee!)

Dagdag sa wish list ko: A Nightmare Before Christmas and James & The Giant Peach DVDs. Heheheh...


No comments:

Post a Comment