Thursday, December 2, 2004

Rockstarry, starry night.

\m/o

Yes, I braved the storm. And I survived.

Despite the weather, the Rock Awards pushed through. I can only say that for me it was mostly a night of waiting, schmoozing, drinking free Red Horse beer until it ran out and watching the bands that I like.

Uhm. Okay. Pictures na lang. It will save me from writing the proverbial n-thousand words. Marami-rami rin ito. (Click on the images to get bigger previews.)



Uhm, sige na nga. I'll try to give a caption or a little back story on these. Here's Matilda kicking off the Rock Awards pre-show.



Another Matilda photo, badly focused heh heh... Mejo bitin 'yung pagtugtog nila. They played 'Iyak ni Maria' acoustic, therefore, without the screaming vocals. Instructions from NU was strictly acoustic guitar. After our set Stonefree went on electric, pwede na raw kasi ang electric guitar pero toned down. The rest of the Raw Award nominees followed suit, but the 'toned down' part didn't seem to register in their heads. Nainis kami, 'cause none of them played acoustic, and the girls didn't think it was fair that they didn't get to play electric. (At malabo ang coordination ng NU with us prior to the event!) Kung nakita ninyo sila na masusungit kagabi, ngayon alam na ninyo kung bakit. Oh, well. :-/



Schmoozing with Kitchie who was set to perform after a few more segments (but she isn't really nominated for any category-- di raw umabot 'yung album niya sa cut off). Meh and I seized a photo op. Heh heh...



Pungay no more!!! Ayan, ang saya ni Kathy. :-)



Chilling with Yvette at the 'lounge' outside the venue.



Buddy Zabala, Bassist of the Year for 2004. :-)



Ciudad onstage. Images of Mico the Happy Bear and Mikey holding hands (in Pancho's video) swim in my head.



Mikey with Jeff in the background. The main reason why I took pictures (specially of Ciudad) was because the birthday boy wasn't around to see his favorite local band play.



Found Charms and the Typecast boys in the middle of a conversation.



Cambio in camo. I totally dig Kris's camouflage stockings.



'Divisoria! Divisoria! Divisoria!...'



I have yet to get used to seeing Jett perform with guitar in hand.



Sugarfree performs 'Sinta'. :-)



Sandwich up in the air (save for Maps, and Mike, who had a scary back problem a few hours before the performance). I think I have a handful of pics of Diego in mid-air. Heheh...



And they performed 'Two-trick Pony' with a horn section!



One more pic...



(Put your caption here) Hehehehe...



See us try to fit ourselves in a frame with a camera held at an arm's length and fail miserably. ('Us' is Ian, Catrice, myself, and Joey Halo.)



One more time, with Ian.



'I've got a manic crush on you...!'



The Barbs played a couple of songs after Bamboo's encore performance (sorry guys, no pic of Bamboo with his 'mini-me'). They didn't care how they sounded and they're good. :-)



Cebu posse in tha house! Urban Dub's 'Influence' won album of the year. :-)



Foxy ladies of Dice & K9, Cambio and Urban Dub.

***

That's it. Ask the others who went to the show to fill in the blanks for you. :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment