My niece (a.k.a. spawn) Kiwi took a while before she learned to speak whole sentences. As predicted, naging super-daldal na siya since, bulol nga lang hehe. Until now she has difficulty pronouncing the letters R and L properly. (She calls a guitar 'gitaya', then with one look from us she corrects herself and says 'gita-WA.')
Last week we were sitting at the table and my mom was complaining of joint pains in the shoulder and that she couldn't raise her arm without discomfort.
Kiwi butts in 'Baka alignment yan, Mother.'
We all looked at each other, surprised. We didn't know where she picked that up.
(It was funny though. We all knew she meant 'dislocation' heheh... But still, alignment is a big word for a five-year old. Kaaliw.)
***
Tuesday night Marnie and I went to the Riverpark tiangge to save ourselves from boredom and irritation. I bought a couple of small, really cheap magnetic drawing boards (the modern day magic slate heheh) for my nieces (para mabawasan ang pangugulit at pag-iingay nila habang nagtatrabaho ako rito), and as soon as I got home, I found myself fooling around with them. Heh heh...
Ang astig nito. I'm going back to get another one for myself. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment