Sunday, December 18, 2005

"Oh, it wasn't the airplanes."

I had a long and (literally) sleepless day today which I spent at the mall with Nico and his parents.

We watched King Kong after we had late lunch. The theater was full of entire families who acted like they were watching the movie on video at home, chattering away at kids who kept switching seats with their siblings (and kicking the back of my seat in the process). How. Annoying.

(And what are kids doing in the movie house anyway??? Was it rated GP? IMHO some scenes are not suitable for children.)

[If you haven't seen the film or its two other previous incarnations, and would like to remain spoiler-free, uhm, read at your own risk.]




I felt a lot of the scenes were unnecessarily long, and from time to time I was getting a Jack Black School of Rock vibe, and there were too many "look at Naomi she is so pretty" poster shots (but hey, she is pretty, and I can't argue with that). But still I think Peter Jackson did a very good job with this tired old storyline. Besides, I had fun watching it (even if I missed the part where they first landed at Skull Island because I dozed off hehe), and I loved the ending. (Nico didn't like the movie much though.)

In the car Nico and I discussed some missing scenes and possible scenarios which was a gag. And we both agreed that the Venture crew would have made more money if they had brought back a dinosaur instead. :-Þ

No comments:

Post a Comment