That's it. I finished reading American Gods. I can sum it up in one word: closure. It is the kind of ending that assures us that everything is okay-- for now, anyway. Astig. :-)
***
Sometimes I think that words are hardly enough to thank others who have helped me. Reading Gaiman's acknowledgements, I know his words have repaid more than what the deed is worth (and can put my grateful efforts to shame). I wish I had that verbal gift of appreciation (as well as the non-verbal ek, feeling ko parehong importante 'yon.).
(Mental note: hindi lang pala Pinoy ang ganito. Kutob ko, Gaiman also has this sense of 'utang na loob' within himself.)
***
Anubayun. I have given more opinion on the acknowledgments than on the book itself. I'm not saying the book is bad. It's really good, in fact. I'm just saying that this guy's gift with words doesn't stop at the last page of the novel.
***
Thirty minutes later, I'm here again in front of the puter in yesterday's tee shirt, with Ichi on my lap. I watch her as she busies herself with licking at her paws, and I wonder what I'm going to do for the rest of the day.
*sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment