Magkukwento ako.
Yesterday I hung out at Nico's house while he reinstalled stuff into his newly upgraded pc. He picked me up from my meeting at Starbucks Katipunan in yuppie attire before heading home (kagagaling lang sa interview at sa pagawaan ng pc). Bagay sa kanya ang yuppie look, btw. Hehehe...
We went to the Last Full Show gig after dinner. Ang saya kagabi sa Millennia. Aside from the regulars (Matilda, Itchyworms, Musings...) guest bands Boldstar, Twisted Halo, Sandwich, Urban Dub and Glamband played to a full house. The last band was a blast-- Mike RiverMaya, Mong Chicosci, Edsel Furball, uhm, I'm not familiar with the other members-- basta kinareer nila ang pagiging Glam hahaha...
Anyway, sinamahan ako ni Nico kahapon magbantay ng merch booth. Astig. Andaming mga taong antagal ko nang di nakikita (Hi, Zarah!), grabe nakaka-miss.
***
Ay, nakuha ko na pala 'yung compli copy ko ng UP-CIDS PST / UNICEF handbook na ginawan ko ng cover late last year. Ganda ng printing. (But I was mortified to see a typo error. Sana di nila napansin 'yun. Shets.)
***
Last Wednesday I went to the; Ateneo to see Wincy receive his Dean's Award for the Arts (Music category-- Congrats, Wincy!). He sang and played guitar at the ceremonies, with Nico on bass, Jazz on keyboards, Carlo on drums. Andun din si Echo and the rest of Narda at the said event. Ang daming fans ni Wincy hehe...
Dinner buffet followed soon after. Sayang ang lahat ng attempts ng pagdi-diet naming lahat. Tsk, tsk.
Tumambay kami sa bahay ni Nico at nanood ng Ever After and Under the Tuscan Sun (mush galore hehe). Tas hinatid na ako ni Nico pauwi.
***
Tuesday was just special. A quiet evening spent with Nico in front of the t.v. while he ogled Diane Lane and that Sobieski chick on HBO. :-)
***
Naubos na pala 'yung Matilda sa Sarabia Optical (thank you, Doc Nella!). Kelangan kong magre-stock. I'll see if I can pass by Meh's apartment later to get more EPs.
***
Narda plays tonight at Big Sky (NekNekMo Productions). I hope you can come watch them play.
(UP Quill holds Release tonight at Freedom Bar as well, if you feel like listening to some poetry reading and The Purplechickens, among others.)
No comments:
Post a Comment