Sunday, February 1, 2004

Baggy eyes and a headache.

The nightmares are getting worse. I am afraid to sleep.

I spent the wee hours trying to stay awake because the dreams were going from bad to worse. I had a hard time waking myself up from a horrible chase scene (with me as the pursued). I knew I was dreaming but I couldn't move my body. It felt like I was frozen, forever trapped in that scenario.

The weird thing about dreams being chased to death is that when you start running you feel your legs getting heavy, making each sprint difficult. And in real life, you're covered in cold sweat and your body is as stiff as a board.

That's how it was-- in a nutshell, anyway.

I texted Nico (who was, at the time, at the Caballa household working on an overnight database project) to ask if he was awake (I think it was 04:30 or thereabouts). I was feeling alone and scared-- too scared, in fact, to move, turn on the lamp, pick up the telephone, or even open my eyes in the dark. (Thank you for the replies, 'though I don't think I was able to text back replies. I was drifting in and out of consciousness.)

*sigh* :-(

Nakakainis. Astig pa naman kagabi. I went to Millennia for Ready, Set, Go! (Bing!'s production), tutugtog kasi Narda and Matilda. Narda was onstage when I got there, Matilda played soon after (with one band in between). Both bands played good sets, plus Matilda played 'Believe' (bagong lumang kanta hehe) and a new one na hindi namin alam ang title. Ganda ng riff, with an odd-even timing.

After Matilda, Technicolor Dreamcoat (banda ni Bing!) went onstage and performed some Style Council covers tas sumasayaw na kaming lahat (well, hindi naman lahat, pero marami kami hehe). Ang saya-saya. :-)

And to top it off, nilibre ang Matilda ng may-ari ng Millennia kasi astig 'yung tugtugan at birthday na ni Charms. (Nga pala--- happy birthday, Charms!) Overflowing sa pulutan, nabusog kami! :-)

Pagkatapos namin tumambay ng konti (at nakipag-slam-an pa si Nico sa harap to a female-fronted punk band) umuwi na kami. It was a great evening, I just hope it didn't stop there.


No comments:

Post a Comment