Saturday, February 7, 2004

This state of semi-consciousness.

I ate my all-in-one meal (breakfast/lunch/dinner) at quarter to six. I have spent the previous 15 hours of the day lying in bed, drifting in and out of my so-called life. I haven't really been sleeping well. I'd be unconscious for a few minutes to an hour, then I'd find myself blinking and awake with my hand on the cellphone in mid-message, or with a finger in between a book (currently Bradbury's Dandelion Wine). Weird. I may have been awake the whole time and I'm not even aware of it.

The times when I actually do fall asleep, something just startles me awake. The phone rings, one of my nieces screams at the top of her lungs, the neighbor revs his bike unnecessarily, etc.

(Tulad kanina-- alas-siyete y media ng umaga, kung kailang katulog-tulog ko pa lang biglang may tatawag sa telepono para sa nanay ko. Personal landline ko 'yun so walang access ang ibang tao sa bahay sa number na iyon, e kaso may topak 'yung isang line namin, dead ang linya pero nagri-ring naman pag tinawagan. Anyway, tumawag ako sa cell ng nanay ko para sabihin, di niya sinagot. Nag-text ako. Deadma. I called out to her habang naka-mute 'yung telepono, wala. Sabi ko dun sa tumawag mag-dial na lang ulit. Tas ang demanding nung tumawag ha! Kung mangusap parang binili na niya 'yung buhay ko. Bwiset. Bumaba tuloy ako ng pupungas-pungas, galit na galit kasi 'yung minsanang tulog ko ipinagkait pa sa akin. At siyempre dahil hindi ako naiintindihan ng iba kung bakit ako masungit, ako ang mali sa sitwasyong ito. Gaaah.)

I am sick and tired of this. (Meanwhile, I can hear my mom nagging and showing off all her emotional baggage in the background.)

*sigh*

On to better things-- *checks yesterday's checklist*

• get lacquer thinner for silk screen

Check. As soon as I printed out consignment forms and booking agreements I left the house and bought lacquer thinner at a General Merchandise store across from where I usually get a ride to QC.

• pay my Globe bill

Check. Went to Robinsons Metroeast for this purpose.

• meet up with Phat Boy for the Urban Dub cds

Check. I didn't get to see Alex but I got the U-Dub cds from Vin, along with Cambio and Twisted Halo cds for consignment.

• meet up with Aya for the UP Underground consignment

Check. After going to Vin's house (he left the Cambio and Halo cds at home), we went to Casaa to meet up with the Underground people.

• look for t-shirts

Uhm. This I wasn't able to do. I was in a hurry, thinking I was late. Oh well, next time.

***

Ang saya saya kagabi. After Casaa Kris and Vin treated Nico and I to dinner at SR Thai (Nico met us there, he came from Ateneo). We all went to Pull Over Bar for the Cambio gig after eating (salamat sa libreng dinner!). Buddy and Diego were already there. Ebe was still playing at a gig in UP. Raims was at Mayrics for a Sandwich gig.

As soon as Ebe arrived they started setting up for the acoustic gig. Cambio minus Raims started off with a laid back version of 'Di na' (special request ko hehe). They played requests written on napkins in between originals, ranging from E-heads songs to glam covers. Raims arrived at the tail end of the set and played two Cambio originals after which he started playing The Cure covers and a lot of other baduy-fun stuff. Jason and Nico jammed with them while Ebe and Diego danced and jumped around the stage. I went home with a beer buzz. I think it was a really kewl way to end a productive day. :-)

***

I was supposed to attend the I.n.K. meeting but I wasn't feeling well. A few minutes ago I was frustrated with my silk screen thing. I will have to cut film all over again. Gaaah. What a lousy day.

Punta ako kina Billy mamaya, bibigyan daw niya ako ng red cutting film. Dadaan siguro ako bago pumuntang Admit One.

Oh, and before I forget-- Happy birthday, Myrene!

O siyah. Maliligo na ako.


No comments:

Post a Comment