I am three-fourths done with Mother Night (Kurt Vonnegut). I have started this some time ago but I never actually had the time (or made time) to read through it. Since I couldn't get any sleep and I'm not awake enough to work I decided to pick it up again last night (in two-hour intervals, whenever I shift into consciousness).
It's weird, this lack of sleep thing. My short term memory is failing me, I can't remember most of the waking details, except for the book I was reading. I haven't the patience to check my messages and calls yet, and I have lost craving for food (pwera siguro Ruffles Sour Cream and Cheddar).
***
Nico called me a while ago, while he was driving along Katipunan. He said there were newly opened U-turn slots and pink signs in lieu of the now-closed major intersections. Sometimes I think these measures are unnecessary (although, admittedly, they work in some parts of the metro). Nico and I agreed that if only people followed traffic rules and regulations (and laws for that matter) and if the government actually implemented them, then things would be so much better and easier for all of us.
As Gandhi said (courtesy of Tita Tess hehe), "We must be the change we wish to see in the world." I agree. But it's not that easy. What if the world (or the society) isn't ready for that change? Sometimes I think it would be easier to annihilate society and start anew (parang Fight Club ano? Hehehe... Siguro ganito talaga ang epekto sa tao kapag walang tulog.). Sabi ni Nico, if you can't implement change horizontally, then do it vertically, teaching better ways to your children and to your children's children. Not in those words, exactly, but you get the picture. Naks. ;-)
***
Hmmm... Mukhang short-lived 'yung loss of craving for food ko. Gutom na ako. (My last meal was dinner the night before pa, and it was my only meal yesterday. Papayat na akooohhh!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment