I didn't have to go to any meeting today, so I decided to meet up with Nico and his officemates at Greenbelt 3.
The ride to Makati was long, stressful and noisy. It was raining hard when I left the house and I got caught in rush hour traffic. (It almost always happens when you're in a hurry.) Then the loud MRT ride. The driver talked into the mic every two minutes or so, babbling about wet platforms, tinned cans, smoking, eating, grabbing onto handrails, and paged someone's mother to proceed to the Taft station where someone is waiting for her (I didn't know you could page people in the train). To top it all off, he played Martin Nievera singing some James Ingram song very loudly. Just imagine the annoying sound blasting off the PA system. Just like a giant, cheap, battery-operated transistor radio. Argh. If I wasn't in a hurry I'd head over to the administration and file a complaint.
(While I was travelling somewhere between Santolan and Guadalupe, Nico and his officemates were already in the cinema, watching the first 20 or so minutes of Stealth.)
I got off the train in a huff, and took the walkway to Greenbelt. Suddenly people in malls decided to walk slowly in large clumps. Gah.
The movie was okay. Uhm, or at least it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Mukhang sulit naman para kay Nico. He got the gratuitous token Jessica Biel bikini shot. Heh heh...
*****
I'm currently listening to the new Gorillaz cd (Demon Days) Nico gave me tonight. :-) I like it, but not as much as the first one, or G-Sides. The disc has Copy Control Technology-- a good thing really-- but it kinda sucks that I have to pop this cd in the tray every time I want to listen to it, and I can't have it in rotation with the other stuff I listen to. :-P (No, I'm not complaining, I'm just a bit fussy and tamad is all. Heh heh...)
Ü
No comments:
Post a Comment