I just finished reading Nick Hornby's How To Be Good. It's a quick read, considering I've only started on it two days ago, picking it up only when I get ready for bed and for a short while before getting up in the morning/afternoon (depends what time I wake up heh heh).
There is so much internal debate and self-contradiction in this book. I like it. And there's even a cameo from High Fidelity. :-)
(I like it when authors make cross-references in their bodies of work. It doesn't rub off me as masturbatory. It's more like a little private joke reserved for the fan or the avid reader. Heh heh...)
*****
The Post-Its are beginning to dominate my desktop. I must at least get rid of one of them today. :-P
I've always wanted to read Hornby's works. What do you think is the best read so far? :)
ReplyDeleteHey Karen! :-)
ReplyDeleteI have only read three of his books (High Fidelity, About A Boy, and How to be Good, in that order), but I will say that High Fidelity is the runaway winner for the best Hornby read so far and is, in fact, one of my all-time favorites.
(Someone asked me my top five favorite books and this was the only non-fantasy title that made it to the list.)