I did my client rounds in Makati again yesterday. Kapagod. I passed by Greenbelt afterwards to buy a couple of tickets to Rockestra, and went to Nico's building to hang out at the 9th floor.
As I approached the elevators I spotted Nico frantically pressing the up button. (He came from the bank and was also on his way to the 9th floor to get something to eat.) We didn't expect to see each other that early in the day so that was a nice surprise for both of us.
*****
I read bits of Momo while Nico slaved away a few floors above me. I had early dinner as well. Nico arrived as I was trying to finish the remains of my pizza.
*****
At the Folk Arts Theatre, I found I was able to get us good seats. Yay!
*****
The concert was a fun thing to experience (to say the least)!
The Manila Symphony Orchestra did a rawkin good performance. The bands did well, too. A few highlights of the show:
- the horn section during Cambio's set. It reminded me of Style Council hehe... I dunno why. And I loved how they did Lihim.
- Twisted Halo's #36. Bagay na bagay sa orchestration.
- Imago's Akap
- Sandwich's pogo-inducing performance, and
- Sugar Free's Burnout!!! Gadsh, I think their's was the best set! I just wished the fan girls weren't howling/hooting/screaming during the violin solos, it was just disrupting the emotion of the song. Ang ganda ganda ganda talaga.
*****
After the concert we went to Marina to meet up with Arnold and Honee for a few beers. Sarap talaga ng Strong Ice. Heh heh... ;-)
*****
Ititigil ko na ang kwento. Ayaw kong ipaliwanag kung bakit ako umuwi ng mag-isa ng alas-4 ng umaga.
No comments:
Post a Comment