Sunday, August 7, 2005

Lakwatcha.

We have new puppies! Thor and Wilmer dropped by the house this afternoon and gave us two cute balls of fur. :-) The kids have started calling them Barbie and Kitchie, and I can't do a thing to stop them. Tsk.

*****

I met up with Kathy today (she happened to be in Marikina for some PBA thing), and we went Marquinton (Nico still insists on calling it by its proper name 'Blue Wave').

We checked out the shops, bought accessories (I got a couple of elastic headbands for the spawn, and hair beads for myself), and hung out at KFC discussing things we regretted wearing in the past:

  • shirts with shoulder pads
  • hooded shirts
  • socks over lace stockings and pumps a la Madonna ('Lumabas ka ng bahay ng naka-ganun?' asked Kathy. Unfortunately, yes.)
  • high-waist baston pants
  • cycling shorts!!! (eeks)
  • Über-large shirts and polo shirts buttoned all the way up to the neck (na naka-tuck sa baston na high waist pants! hahaha)

I am thankful for not owning fashion disasters like acid-wash pants and pink high-cut Reeboks. (An afterthought, really. Admittedly my sense of style's awakening came rather late.) I blame the late 80s and the early 90s for that. Heh heh...

After dinner we watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory *again*. Heheh... It's still funny the second time around. Then someone suddenly showed up in the theater without notice-- Nico! (He was vegging out at home while we were at KFC.) That was certainly a nice surprise. :-) Pati si Kathy nagulat kasi may nakita siyang mama na palapit sa upuan namin. Si Nico pala. Hehe... *kilig*

After the movie Nico spent some time at the Star Wars Trilogy arcade booth at Timezone, while Kathy and I played some ticket-earners. Sayang walang ipis-destroyer (a.k.a. Hammer). :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment