I WHISPERED, "I am too young,"
And then, "I am old enough;"
Wherefore I threw a penny
To find out if I might love.
"Go and love, go and love, young man,
If the lady be young and fair."
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
I am looped in the loops of her hair.
O love is the crooked thing,
There is nobody wise enough
To find out all that is in it,
For he would be thinking of love.
Till the stars had run away
And the shadows eaten the moon.
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
One cannot begin it too soon.
~Brown Penny, William Butler Yeats
*****
Nico and I went to Marquinton, checked movie skeds, and ate a quick but satisfying dinner at Siamese Dream Grille. The food was good, the service is okay, and waiter knew how to make small talk-- not the annoying kind of scripted small talk, he was really making conversation with us. He knew we were in a hurry to see a movie, and he was helpful enough to see us through our needs.
We watched Must Love Dogs. It was a chatty sort of movie with lots of witty repartee. It's sad, and funny, and ends happy. I liked it.
I didn't even try to resist the lure of Timezone anymore. We played several rounds of basketball (I lost this time), and skeeball and a bunch of other ticket earners.
*****
I still feel tired from last Saturday but the way today was spent took a lot of the weariness away. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment