Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Time-space warp, ngayon din!

The entire week I thought I had a meeting in Makati tonight. I even begged off watching a movie with Nico and his officemates later because of that. Good thing I had sense enough to text ed-in-chief Karen a few minutes ago to confirm the meeting and tell her that I can't stay for long.

"The meeting is Thursday next week! :-)"

GASP. The thought of knocking on the door of an empty condo like a complete idiot on the wrong Thursday started blinking on and off in my head, and Karen's SMS just saved me from that.

What was I thinking???

*****

I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night. Ang galing-galing ni Johnny Depp. As in. The movie was good, but I couldn't really appreciate it as much as I wanted-- my mind involuntarily kept noting similarities and differences from the Roald Dahl book and the Gene Wilder flick. I think I should see this movie again and enjoy it as it is. Danny Elfman certainly spiced up the Oompa-loompa song and dance numbers. :-D

*****

After a text apology and a thank you, I get another reply from Karen: "You're still in the Chocolate Factory."

*****

This takes me back to the 80s and all those cartoons on t.v. I devoured, no matter how crappy they were (if they were, indeed, crappy). Those programs were peppered with all sorts of junkfood commercials (bakit wala nang Beef Curry Curls???). Then there was my favorite: the Goya commercial. That Willy Wonka rip-off had me fooled. I thought there really was a Goya Fun Factory. Bwiset.

(I was devastated to find out months after, on a school field trip, that Goya was just like any other factory. No rivers of chocolate, no Oompa-Loompas. Sob.)

Goya, the-chocolate-factory-that-is-now-owned-by-Nestlé, I forgive you for that. But only if you bring back the Puffi-cone. :-P

IBALIK NINYO ANG PUFFI-CONE!!!

3 comments:

  1. nung first part ng charlie din medyo naasar ako kase naiisip ko din yung kung anong naiimagine ko sa libro pero nun lumitaw na si wonka johnny depp naintindihan ko na kung bakit ganun. tas ang galeng nila. tas ang ganda. tas basta i love it! i love it! papanoodin ko uli. uli. uli. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hoped all my childhood life that I could go the Goya Fun Factory. What a rip-off! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang saya! I'll watch that movie again. Ganda ng Veruca Salt song number. :-D
    I think the movie as a whole justified the departures from the original manuscript. And it's very Tim Burton-Roald Dahl. Aptly disturbing. Heh heh...

    *****

    Sino kaya 'yung agency na gumawa ng commercial ng Goya? Heh heh... ;-)

    ReplyDelete